Below is a list of the US and international conferences at which John Littleford will be speaking.
“The GISA Head’s Retreat was outstanding in great part to all that you (John Littleford) shared with us. It was definitely among the very best professional sessions that I have ever attended”
Assistant Head of School, Atlanta Girls School, Georgia
Upcoming Appearances (Dates and Locations)
September 21, 2018: ADVIS (Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools) Mr. Littleford is the sole presenter on the topic of Board Governance 101/201. The location is the Inn at Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania.
November 1, 2018; AISNE (Association of Independent Schools in New England) Annual Governance Conference- Mr. Littleford will conduct a “deep dive” session entitled “Developing a Healthy Board: Recruitment, Retention and Accountability”. The location is the Sheraton Four Points in Norwood, Massachusetts.
November 15, 2018: FCIS (Florida Council of Independent Schools) Annual Administrator Conference Mr. Littleford will present on three topics: “The Most Effective Way to Market Your School- The Parent Ambassador Concept”; “The Qualities Most Needed in a Board Chair”; and “The Power of the Board-Head Relationship”. The location is the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, Florida.
January 22, 2019: NAPSEC (National Association of Private Special Education Centers) Annual Conference Mr. Littleford will conduct a general session on board governance and board relations. The location is the Hotel Contessa in San Antonio, Texas.
Please contact John Littleford if you would like to meet with him during the Conference.
** MEET WITH JOHN LITTLEFORD **
Please contact John@JLittleford.com to schedule at meeting with him at these Conferences.
At the following Conferences and Associations, Mr. Littleford has presented or conducted workshops on the topics of board governance, faculty compensation and head compensation:
- Association for the Advancement of International Education
- Academy of International School Heads
- Association of American Schools of Central America, Columbia, Caribbean and Mexico
- Association of China and Mongolia International Schools
- Association of Independent Schools of New England
- Canadian Association of Independent Schools
- Conference of Independent Schools of Ontario
- East Asia Regional Council of Overseas Schools
- European Council of International Schools
- Independent Schools Council of Australia
- Independent Schools of New Zealand
- National Association of Independent Schools
- National Association of Principals of Schools for Girls
- National Association of Private Schools for Exceptional Children
- National Association of Private Special Education Centers
- Near East/South Asia Council of Overseas Schools
- Association of Boarding Schools
- Association of Colorado Independent Schools
- Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools
- Association of Independent Maryland Schools
- Association of Independent Schools in New England
- Association of Independent Schools of Greater Washington
- Atlanta Area Association of Independent Schools
- California Association of Independent Schools
- Florida Council of Independent Schools
- Georgia Independent Schools Association
- Houston Council of Independent Schools
- Independent Schools Association of Northern New England
- Independent Schools Association of the Southwest
- Maine Association of Independent Schools
- New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
- North Carolina Association of Independent Schools
- Pacific Northwest Association of Independent Schools
- Palmetto Association of Independent Schools
- Secondary Schools Admissions and Testing Board
- Southern Association of Independent Schools
- Southwest Association of Episcopal Schools
- Virginia Association of Independent Schools
John Littleford is currently presenting worldwide on the following topics at Conferences and at board of trustee meetings as a guest speaker:
- GOVERNANCE AND TRANSITION: The Key to Thriving not Just Surviving.
- THE LEADERSHIP OF SCHOOLS AND THE LONGEVITY OF HEADS: The Patterns and Powerful Correlation Worldwide Between School Effectiveness and the Longevity and Legacy of Heads
- PRINCIPLES OF HEALTHY BOARD GOVERNANCE: Fundamentals of Good Practice and Case Studies for New and Experienced Trustees
- MANAGING EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION: Transparency vs. Confidentiality
- FACULTY COMPENSATION: The Time is Now to Examine the Salary System Model
- THE GLOBAL TEACHER PERSPECTIVE: Equity, Justice and Why Adversarial Cultures Develop in Independent and International Schools
- TEACHER EVALUATION: Professional Growth WITH Accountability
- THE SACRED COWS OF FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: The Tradeoffs in the Budgeting Decisions of Independent Schools
- CLEAR FOCUSED AND EFFICIENT STRATEGIC PLANNING
- THE HEAD/CHAIR PARTNERSHIP: Governance Perspectives Worldwide
- FORTRESS HEAD, FORTRESS SCHOOL: Guarding Against Constituent Attacks
- COST EFFECTIVE FUNDRAISING: Mobilizing a Powerful Pyramid of Volunteers
- HEALTHY GOVERNANCE EQUALS WISDOM AND INSTITUTIONAL MEMORY
- THE STRUCTURE OF BOARDS: Is There a Better Way?
- MISSION BASED MARKETING: Highly Productive and Very Cost Effectives